After that announcement google is taking new small updates to fulfill the security of the blogspot blogs using https.
|Pic: Fix HTTPS Mixed Content Error|
How to Redirect From HTTP to HTTPS ?
- At first log in to your blogger dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Basic. Now you can see like the following image.
- Select yes and its done. Now all your blog urls are redirected to https.
Some Problems With HTTPS
With its advantages there are also some problems with it. Some of the small problems has been already repaired by google blogger team. But still there are some small problems. But after reading this post you will be able to solve those problems. Now, among all small problems Mixed Content Error is a big and major problem. But you can fix this by investing some of your time.
What is Mixed Content Error ?
Most of the urls are in https, but somes(images, videos, scripts, links, style sheets) are still in http format. As a result of this mixed formats, all browsers cant display all of your blog parts correctly. Excepting this problems, it can harm your blog performance and security and its really a big problem for every bloggers. These Mixed Contents can be mainly in three parts of your blog.
- In your blog posts and page editor.
- Inside your blogger template.
- Inside the source code of HTML widgets.
How to Fix Mixed Content Error From Blog Posts and Pages ?
- Open your old posts.
- Now open source code in post editor by clicking on HTML. (see the image below)
- Now press CTRL+F and search for 'http:'
- Replace all 'http:' with 'https:'
- At last click on Update button. If there any error happens then it will show red colored error messege. (see the image below)
- By fixing all red underlined errors, click on Update again.
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Template > Edit HTML.
- Search http: by pressing CTRL+F from your keyboard.
- Then replace all 'http:' with 'https:' and save template.
- At last save the Gadgets.